All colleagues are welcomed to submit abstracts and make oral/poster presentations at ICABST2020! All oral presentations are to be delivered in English, and will be duration of 30-40 minutes. We will select qualified oral presentations after review. More qualified speakers will be announced soon after confirmation. To be a speaker of ICABST2020, please submit your abstract at an early date.
* Please be aware that we will NOT contact speakers / participants in in authoritative way regarding their travel and accommodations.
* Please keep in mind the authorities’ contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +86 371 63226982.
- Dr. Andrea Scribante
- University of Pavia, Italy
- Short Summary: Dr. Andrea Scribante (DDS, PhD, MHA, MSc) was graduated from Pavia University, School of Dentistry with the degree of Doctor in Dental Surgery, completed his Post-graduate Program in Orthodontics and received the title of “Specialist in Orthodontics”. Later he received his PhD degree in “Experimental Surgery and Microsurgery”. After that he followed a one-year program Master in “Health Administration”, and subsequently a two-years program Master in “Medical and Genomic Statistics”. He has two courses in School of Dentistry and Dental Hygienist School of the University of Pavia. He is co-author of over 50 publications on PubMed Indexed and Impact-Factor provided Journal. He is part of editorial board of some scientific international journals. He is research resident and clinical instructor at the Unit of Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Department of Clinical, Diagnostic and Paediatric Sciences, University of Pavia, Italy.
- Presentation Title: TBD
- Prof. Domenico Lombardo
- CNR - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, IPCF- Istituto Processi Chimico-Fisici, Italy
- Short Summary: Dr. Prof. Domenico Lombardo is a physicist and materials engineer and research group leader at the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche - Istituto per i Processi Chimico-Fisici (CNR-IPCF), within the Department of Chemical Sciences and Materials Technologies (Messina - ITALY). He is supervisor of a research unit at the CNR-IPCF (Italy), lecturer in several post-graduate courses at University. He regularly acts as a consultant, reviewer and editorial board member in various peer-reviewed international scientific journals. He is co-author of over 100 publications with H-index of 25.
- Presentation Title: Soft Interaction and Colloidal Stability of Nanocarriers in Drug Delivery Applications
- Dr. Denys Makarov
- Intelligent Materials and Systems, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V., Germany
- Short Summary: Denys Makarov received his Master Degree (2005) at the National University of Kyiv in Ukraine, followed by a Ph.D. (2008) from the University of Konstanz in Germany. He is head of department “Intelligent materials and systems” at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V. in Dresden, Germany. He has pioneered the field of magnetism on curved surfaces and with this made a decisive contribution to the development of the field of spintronics on flexible, bendable and stretchable surfaces. These activities are supported by major national and European Union funded projects, such as European Research Council (ERC), ERC Proof of Concept and EU Information and Communication Technology grants. Denys is a Senior Member of the IEEE. He co-authored more than 150 papers and has 5 granted patents.
- Presentation Title: Implantable Highly Compliant Devices for Heating of Internal Organs
- Dr. Dinh-Toi Chu
- Faculty of Biology, Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam
- Short Summary: Dr. Dinh-Toi Chu's has been the researcher in University of Oslo and Hanoi National University of Education. He also have great project experience funded by Novo Nordisk Foundation, Marie Curie Action of European Union, European Union Structural Funds, etc. So far he has acted as reviewer and editorial board member for many peer-review international journals with over 150 publications.
- Presentation Title: TBD
- Prof. Mazhar Ul Islam
- College of Engineering, Dhofar University, Oman
- Short Summary: Dr. Mazhar is currently working as associate in department of chemical engineering, Dhofar University. He received PhD degree in Chemical Engineering (Biochemical Eng) from Kyungpook National University and served in same institute as contract professor. His research areas include biopolymers, biofuels and nano-biopolymer composites development for environmental and medical applications. He has published more than 120 Journal papers, book chapters and international conferences, filed several patents and received research funding from various funding bodies. He is actively involved in different community activities at college and university level.
- Presentation Title: Development of bacterial cellulose based commercial products from waste food resources
- Dr. Madjid Soltani
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Short Summary: Dr. Madjid Soltani has got his PhD in the University of Waterloo, Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology working on “Numerical analysis of drug delivery to solid tumor microvasculature” and is doing his postdoctoral studies in the University of Johns Hopkins, School of Medicine. His research focuses mainly on tumor vascularization and drug delivery to solid tumors. Further, subjects related to cancer treatment and medical imaging, are areas of his interest. It is crucial to note that there are numerous refereed publications and conference presentations done by him which represent a significant contribution to the mathematical biology of tumors, and will form the foundation for future studies.
- Presentation Title: TBD
- Dr. Sri Darmawati
- Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang, Indonesia
- Short Summary: Dr. Sri Darmawati focuses on the Cell Culture, Molecular, Cell Biology, Immunofluorescence and Proteins, with several international publications.
- Presentation Title: Pathogenicity Scoring System for Selection of Bacterial Consortium Formulated as Bioremediation Agent of Hospital Wastewater in Central Java
- Dr. Julia Sidorova
- CS faculty, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Short Summary: Dr. Julia Sidorova got her PHD in Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona. She’s published several international journals & book chapters and participated A-Rand Conferences with peer-reviewed proceeding papers. She has also participated in many research projects including two lead projects and some individual projects. She’s also a Senior IEEE member with much excellent service to community like being associate/guest editor & reviewers, conference session chairs, keynote speakers, etc.
- Presentation Title: Inexact Search and Bridged Pattern Recognition Scheme for Chemical Activity Prediction
- Prof. Dr. Roohollah Bagherzadeh
- Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran
- Short Summary: Prof. Roohollah is the director of Institute for Advanced Textile Materials and Technology, the head of Functional Fibrous Materials Research LAB, affiliated Professor in Donghua University (China), visiting Professor of Institute for Frontier Materials (Deakin University, Australia), International Ambassador of Amirkabir University of Technology (Iran) and Steering Board of The Belt &Road World Textile Universities Alliance (since 2018). His research focuses on Advanced & Functional Fibrous Materials, Smart Textile Materials, Wearable and Flexible Piezo&Triboelectric Nanogenerator, and High-Performance textile and clothing.
- Presentation Title: Advanced Nano-Fibrous Materials for Wearable Energy Harvesting Devices
- Dr. Dzung Trung Le
- Faculty of Biology, Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam
- Short Summary:
- Presentation Title: TBD
- Dr. Muhammad Shafiq
- Institute of Agricultural Sciences, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
- Short Summary:
- Presentation Title: Genome wide analysis of DNA binding with one finger Transcription Factor Gene Family in Olea europaea
Previous APANSE Speakers
- Prof. Hadi Shafiee
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Short Summary: Prof. Hadi Shafiee received his Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics from Virginia Polytechnique Institute and State University in 2010. After receiving trainings in the development of devices for cell sorting and pathogen detection at Virginia Tech and Harvard-MIT Division of Health Science and Technology, he started his own lab at BWH, HMS in 2014. Dr. Shafiee’s lab strives to develop innovative diagnostic tools to address unmet clinical challenges through integrating biology/medicine, micro- and nanotechnology, consumer electronics, and artificial intelligence. His work has been recognized by some of the major news outlets including CNN, theguardian, Boston Globe, CBS News, STAT, New York Times, etc. He has mentored more than 60 postdoctoral research fellows, and undergraduate and graduate students.
- Presentation Title: Mobile Health Diagnostics with Applications in Medicine
- Prof. Emeritus Gil Navon
- School of Chemistry, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Short Summary: Prof. Emeritus Gil Navon focuses on Chemical and Biomedical Applications of NMR and MRI; Application of chemical exchange saturation transfer (CEST) MRI for imaging of tumors; NMR and MRI methods for the study of connective tissues (cartilage, tendon and intervertebral disc); Multinuclear spectroscopic MRI of nerves; New MRI pulse sequences for quantitation of myelin and of liver fibrosis. He has over 300 peer-review publications with the over 8000 citations
- Presentation Title: Molecular Imaging of Breast Cancer by Chemical Exchange Saturation Transfer MRI of Glucose Analogs
- Dr. Pornpun Vivithanaporn
- Associate Professor Dr. of Chakri Naruebodindra Medical Institute, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, and Pharmacology graduate program, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Short Summary: Dr. Pornpun Vivithanaporn focuses on the research of Neuroimmunology, Neurotoxicology, Neurovirology and Cancer pathogenesis. She got her Ph.D. (Pharmacology) in University of Texas Medical Branch, USA. And her current research is Glia cells: inflammation and cancers.
- Presentation Title: The potential of leukotriene receptor antagonists as anticancer drugs
- Dr. Johann Lechner
- Head of Clinic for Integrative Dentistry Munich, Germany
- Short Summary: Dr. Lechner was trained at Dental University Munich, Germany. Since 1980 head of Clinic for Integrative Dentistry/Munich. Member of the executive board of the DAH (German Association for Research on Disturbance Fields and Regulation) and for 25 years chairman of science of GZM (International Society for Holistic Dentistry). He is the founder of ICOSIM (International College of Maxillo-Mandibular Osteoimmunology). Numerous lectures at international congresses, universities and medical organizations (i.e. Bern, Switzerland; Vienna, Austria; Washington DC, USA; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Beijing and Shanghai, China.)
- Presentation Title: Chemokine RANTES/CCL5 from Jawbone Cavitations - Hidden Interface to Many Systemic-Immunological Diseases detactable by Radiation free Ultrasonography
- Prof. Taisun Kim
- Department of Chemistry, Hallym University, Korea
- Short Summary: Prof. Taisun Kim got his Chemistry Ph.D. in University of Texas, Austin, United States. He was occupied the dean of the Department of Chemistry by 2013-2015. And now he is the CEO of Biometrix Technology Inc., Bioventure Plaza, Chuncheon, Korea. Currently his research focuses on Infectious disease, Cancer, and Dementia.
- Presentation Title: 6 HCV Genotyping 9G testTM for highly accurate screening and genotyping of six HCV genotypes including HCV 1a, 1b, 2, 3, 4 and 6(6a, 6f, 6i and 6n)
- Dr. Takashi Jin
- Riken Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research, Japan
- Short Summary: Dr. Takashi Jin is the team leader of Laboratory for Nano-Bio Probes in Riken Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research. His research team develops novel nano-bio probes for visualization of molecular and cellular dynamics in biological systems. They have synthesized a variety of nano-bio probes such as single-molecule imaging probes using quantum dots, cellular environment sensitive probes, and cellular state controllable probes using external magnetic fields.
- Presentation Title: BRET-based dual-colour molecular imaging using a quantum dot and EGFP-luciferase conjugate
- Prof. Dr. Sardar Khan
- Department of Environmental Sciences, Director Advanced Studies, University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- Short Summary: Dr. Sardar khan is working as Professor , department of Environmental sciences, University of Peshawar. He completed his Ph.d in environmental sciences. He also worked as Associate professor in University of Peshawar. He was awarded by Research productivity award of B (2016-17) Category by Pakistan Council of Science. He has over hundred papers published with the total impact factor of 300.
- Presentation Title: TBD
- Dr. Shiori MINABE
- Laboratory of Anatomy, Nippon Medical School, Japan
- Short Summary: Dr. Shiori MINABE got the PHD in School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University. She was Assistant Professor in Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo. Her current themes are Fetal programing of Neuroendocrine reproductive functions & Neuroendocrine mechanism of obesity-induced infertility.
- Presentation Title: Neonatal exposure to estrogen causes irreversible infertility via specific suppressive action on hypothalamic Kiss1 neurons
- Dr. Imelda Rey
- Gastroentero-Hepatology Division, Internal Medicine Department, Universitas Sumatera Utara, Adam Malik General Hospital, Indonesia
- Short Summary: Dr. Imelda Rey is a staff/lecturer in Internal Medicine Department, Medical Faculty, Universitas Sumatera Utara, as well as the Ministry of Reseach, Technology and Higher Education of The Republic of Indonesia. And she works as a stuff in Adam Malik General Hospital (Indonesia) and internist at Internal Medicine Department, Gastroentero-Hepatology division.
- Presentation Title: Association of Serum Tumor Necrosis Factor-α with the Severity of Liver Cirrhosis
- Prof. Sulaiman Ngongu Depamede
- Mataram University, Indonesia
- Short Summary: Sulaiman Ngongu Depamede has completed his PhD from The University of Adelaide, South Australia. Besides being a Lecturer at the Faculty of Animal Science of Mataram University, he is also a Chairman of Immunobiology Laboratory, Mataram University (2005-2015); he now serves as Secretary of the Consortium for Research Large ruminants. His research in the last five years focused on the proteomics of Bali cattle (Bos javanicus) saliva. He has published his research papers in reputed journals.
- Presentation Title: Development of lateral flow assay for detecting Hepatitis B surface Antigen (HBsAg) based on nucleotide hybridization techniques
- Prof. Gerard A. Ateshian
- Andrew Walz Professor and Chair of Mechanical Engineering & Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, USA
- Short Summary: Gerard Ateshian performs research in the field of soft tissue mechanics, with an emphasis on cartilage mechanics, lubrication, and tissue engineering, and the formulation of growth theories for biological tissues. Ateshian is particularly interested in formulating continuum mechanics theories that accommodate the complexities encountered in living biological tissues and cells, including mass transport, osmotic effects, and reactive mechanics in solid mixtures, needed to describe tissue growth and remodeling.
- Prof. Martyn Nash
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Short Summary: The primary focus of Martyn's research career has been on bioengineering analyses of the heart in order to understand mechanisms and events underlying cardiac electro-mechanical activity in health and disease. He develops and applies novel and efficient computational tools in order to interpret the variety and vast quantity of biological recordings that are available from laboratory and clinical studies. Martyn strives to apply this research to facilitate (i) the development of improved medical imaging, biomedical devices and diagnostic techniques, and (ii) the discovery and monitoring of therapies for prevention and treatment of disease, and better management of patient care.
- Prof. Gerhard A. Holzapfel
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway
- Short Summary: Gerhard A. Holzapfel is Adjunct Professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. He is also Professor of Biomechanics and Head of the Institute of Biomechanics at Graz University of Technology (TUG), Austria, since 2007, and Visiting Professor at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. Until 2013 he was Professor of Biomechanics at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, Sweden, for 9 years (7 years as an Adjunct Professor). After his PhD in Mechanical Engineering in Graz he received an Erwin-Schrödinger Scholarship for foreign countries to be a Visiting Scholar at Stanford University (1993-95).
- Dr. Florent Ginhoux
- Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN), Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore
- Short Summary: Florent Ginhoux graduated in Biochemistry from the University Pierre et Marie CURIE (UPMC), Paris VI, obtained a Masters degree in Immunology from the Pasteur Institute in 2000 and his PhD in 2004 from UPMC, Paris VI. As a postdoctoral fellow, he joined the Laboratory of Miriam Merad in the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (MSSM), New York. In 2008, he became an Assistant Professor in the Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, MSSM and member of the Immunology Institute of MSSM. He joined the Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN), A*STAR in May 2009 as a Junior Principal Investigator. He is now a Senior Principal Investigator and an EMBO Young Investigator and his laboratory is focusing on the ontogeny and differentiation of macrophages and dendritic cells in both humans and mice.
- Dr. Thomas Braun
- Professor Of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, USA
- Short Summary: Thomas Braun received his Ph.D. in Biostatistics from the University of Washington in 1999 and joined the University of Michigan faculty that same year. Dr. Braun's current research interests include: (1) adaptive Phase I trial design methodology, including optimizing schedule of adminstration, accomodating patient heterogeneity, and incorporating multiple toxicity grades; (2) methodology for modeling tooth-level and site-level correlation of teeth in longitudinal dental and periodontal studies, including multivariate longitudinal modeling of clinical attachment level (CAL), pocket depth (PD), and bleeding on probing (BOP), as well as multivariate longitudinal clustering of those outcomes as predictors of site-specific and subject-average progression of oral disease.
Abstract Deadline: Oct. 10, 2020
Reg. Deadline: Oct. 15, 2020
Acceptance: 7-10 working days
Conf. Date: Oct. 28-30, 2020
Secretary: Jason Sun, Alex Liu